Old February 23rd 09, 11:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_4_]

Default Tablet

PeteD wrote:

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
I purchased a Hanvon Tablet today at the local computer show. The
business owner was doing an excellent presentation with the tablet. In
December, I thought about buying one since I got a new digital camera
and wanted to get creative. :-)

For the demo, I don't know what software she had on the system, but she
was dragging and dropping flowers/people/landscapes which was pretty
neat. I do use GIMP, but she was using something else. Is there any
tablet specific software or plugins that make it fun with digital
pictures?

Please let me know if you have any pointers or recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

NJ

PS - The Hanvon Tablet (Painting Master) is pretty good for its price.
It was mainly designed for Windows systems prior to Vista, so I had a
hard time finding the recent Vista drivers at their site. Overall, it
works and is great for amateurs. It came with tools/utilities that are
more specific to documents and not painting or digital pictures.

Neil,

One of the best programs to use with a tablet is Corel Painter Essentials.

Cheers.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the info! It was amazing performance by the sales woman, and
was frustrating to me since I cannot reproduce it using my new gadget.
I will look into buying this software.

Cheers,

NJ