Old November 22nd 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MarkČ

Default Does the Canon 5D has Rear Sync Flash?

wrote:
MarkČ (lowest even number here) wrote:
wrote:
I just got a 5D and, so far, I love the camera, but I can't get the
flash to fire before the shutter closes. I did set the Custom
function #15 to "2nd Curtain sync", but it doesn't do the trick.
Thinking it could be a problem with the flash, I asked my friend to
try it on his Nikon D200 and it works fine. What am I doing wrong?

What flash are you using?
On my 580EX, you can easily put it into second curtain synch by
pressing a dedicated button on the flash unit...which toggles
through high-speed synch/second curtain/normal.

I was hoping you wouldn't ask Its a Minolta 200X. I bought it in
1982.

Good grief.
No...it isn't going to work...no matter what you set it to.

I didn't expect it to work today, but it does. I wanted to take
a goofy shot of me driving in my car at night and I didn't want to
buy a flash for that, so I gave it a try.

snip

I tried on M, P & Av. No luck. Any other ideas?

Yes.
Next time you decide to spend $3K on a camera body, spend a couple hundred
on a same-brand flash that isn't 24 years old.
Sheesh...

www.pbase.com/markuson