Old November 21st 06, 09:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
abbasam via PhotoKB.com

Default buying a ~ $1100 SLR - which one and why?

I was asking the same question a few months back.

D50 is a good camera, but go for a 18-70mm, or you could directly go for D70s.
Althought, you could consider the newly launched D80 (10MP).

I was considering the D50 and Canon rebel 350D, but waited for the Canon 400D,
again a 10MP.
Remember its a one time investment.

Abbas.

wrote:
I'm so tired of my old Olypmus "brownie" that takes seconds to decide
when to grab an image - I want to get back to a SLR type body.

Cannon/Olympus/Nikon/Sony ???????? Any testimonials of happy users
or flames from unhappy owners?

Thanks for any advice - Mark