Old November 20th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rudy Benner

Default buying a ~ $1100 SLR - which one and why?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm so tired of my old Olypmus "brownie" that takes seconds to decide
when to grab an image - I want to get back to a SLR type body.

Cannon/Olympus/Nikon/Sony ???????? Any testimonials of happy users
or flames from unhappy owners?

Thanks for any advice - Mark

I am quite happy with my Nikon D-50. Buy the body but don't get the kit
lens. Upgrade to the 18-70mm which is the kit lens for the D-70. If you can
get the D-70 with the 18-70mm for cheaper, get that instead.

No shutter delay that I can detect. Its great. Battery lasts forever.