Old March 5th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Slow Sync / Rear Curtain

Hey everyone. I've recently been learning about and experimenting with
slow sync flash and have been attempting various special effects photos.
I thought I fully understood the diference between slow sync and rear
curtain, but yesterday my D70s decided to throw a spanner in the works!
I had the flash set to 'rear' in A mode, and did around a 1s exposure. I
noticed it was flashing at the start AND end of the exposure. Well that
threw me to start with, but I recovered from that and read in the manual
that in order to just get the flash at the end (which is what I
wanted), it needs to be in P or S mode. Well I'm not sure why things are
like that, but whatever, I set it to S mode. Well I STILL got 2 flashes
and not just the one. Can anyone give me a clue why that was please? I
have other questions regarding the results I got yesterday but it's
probably best to re-research that myself.

Cheers, Geoff.