Old December 2nd 04, 07:45 PM
Ryadia

A quick and dirty solution to your problem is to just use the flash. What
many people do is use a reflective card or board on the flash with it's head
turned up so it acts as a bounce flash, bouncing off the card. Sto-Fen make
a diffuser to do the same thing or, in a fix I've been known to resort to
using a white paper bag over the flash head!

Some transparent material used in window drapes is also useful as a
softener. Raw flash, no matter how reduced is not kind to highlights.
Diffused flash is the way to go.

Doug
"Jerry Shaw" wrote in message
I have a new Canon 20D and 580 EX flash. I'm looking for information on

using
this combination for fill flash.