Old May 18th 17, 04:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default A few more from Yosemite

On 2017-05-18 14:44:30 +0000, "Mayayana" said:

"Savageduck" wrote

| It must be nice to live within driving distance of
| such jaw-dropping landscapes.
|
| It is a 3 hour drive.

Very nice. The best I can do is to reach the Kancamagus
Highway in that time. Which is beautiful, but not on the
same scale.

| Technical note: I see the images but need to set
| "No Style". I also wonder about the and . Maybe
| some kind of software is inserting those? They serve
| no purpose and make it harder to copy the link.
|
| The "No Style" is a Fujifilm EXIF header group in the RAW (RAF) files,

I meant No Style in the browser. Dropbox is doing something
that hides the images from me, but if I go to View - Style
- No Style to drop out the CSS then I can see it. I just
mentioned that in case others have trouble.

When you say "browser", are you refering to Firefox, or Outlook Express?
....and what do you mean by "hides the images from me"?
If they are hidden, how are you able to view them?

Dropbox shouldn't be doing anything with regard to EXIF changes.

| The " & " are standard Usenet UTF-8 URL (link) delimiters and I use
| them to prevent broken URL links. However, some nonconforming Usenet
| clients will still break URLs even if the delimiters are used. I just
| do what I can to prevent that.

Not a big deal. I just find it easier to click-select the line
to paste in a browser, while the brackets require a
more careful drag-select.

I see that you use MS Outlook Express, I suspect since it is not a
particularly good Usenet client that it is not conforming when it comes
to dealing with the " " delimiters. What you should be seeing is a
clickable URL/link contained within those delimiters. However,
admitedly for those who have to use your method, some care must be
employed when making the selection.

Savageduck