Old April 21st 12, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Nikon D800 versus Canon 5D Mark III - the clear winner is ...[DxO Labs]

On 2012-04-20 23:34 , K W Hart wrote:
wrote in message
In , K W Hart
wrote:

"$99,000 for the 1200mm Canon used"

I have three 1200mm Canon lenses for my 500+ Canon FX cameras, and the
most
I paid for any one was about $3000. About 10% of that was shipping and US
Customs fees.

bull****.

Although if you do have an authoritative valuation of $99K for the lens,
that would be great, It would more than double the value of my
collection.

canon, and it won't.

"Bull****"?
I'm not the one hiding behind a fake email address. You have sufficient
information to find me on Facebook and read about my Canon FX collection:
500+ camera bodies and 800+ lenses; one or more of every lens that Canon

nospam is referring to the Canon 1200mm f/5.6 of which there are less
than 20 in the world and most are leased to qualified lessors. The
purchase price was about $115,000 last time I looked.

If you have one, I'd be quite surprised.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.