Old September 3rd 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Default Good place to get replacment battery?

In rec.photo.digital Mike wrote:
J?rgen Exner wrote:
sally wrote:
Are these good value or are they just cheap batteries that have much less
capacity than the original?

The capacity of a battery is a key part of its specification and is
explicitely listed (e.g. mAh: 630mAh). Therefore the capacity of
different batteries is trivial to compare unless we are talking about
fraudulent statements.

jue

The cheap knockoffs on ebay rarely live upto the billed capacity.

That's also true of many of the expensive originals!

I bought cheap ebay batteries for my phone. They were a third of the
price, and accurately advertised as having 50% more capacity. I also
got another set, much bigger, which came with an enlarged backplate to
accommodate the size. They corresponded to nothing the maker sold, and
gave me 4 times the capacity. They lasted a delightful month on a
single charge! No need to take a charger on holiday!

Incidentally the cheap Ebay knockoffs for my last camera advertised
themselves as having 10% more capacity, and they certainly lasted at
least as long as the maker's original.

--
Chris Malcolm