Old January 13th 05, 12:43 AM
Bruce Murphy

"Greg Evans" writes:

Charles Schuler wrote:

This "digital ZSR" issue is so darned confusing that it can
only lead to more chaos. How many more posts like the one submitted
by the OP do you see coming? I see enough to make this forum always
on the defensive and to continuously compel supporters/founders to
contrive justifications. Not a great scenerio!

Which is why I see little point in fragmenting the rec.photo.digital
group in the first place; it seems to have served a small group of
fussy pigeonholing gearheads rather than the photographic community in
general. Unfortunately I wasn't around to cast my vote at the time.
But I've had my say now, so I'll just ignore the "what is a ZLR?"
threads, with all their silly haranguing, backbiting, and nitpicking,
and get on with learning how to use whatever this contraption is I'm
holding to artistic effect....

I thought the zlr group was a ridiculous idea, but I now see the
benefits in confining the users of them to this little ghetto. Even
the point and shoot people are probably glad to see the
point-and-shoot-with-pretensions (ie ZLR) people gone.

Everyone wins.