Old May 15th 17, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Two stories of why smaller systems might be better sometimes

On 5/14/2017 4:12 PM, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 14 May 2017 03:42:00 UTC-4, android wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

https://petapixel.com/2017/05/12/pho...irplane-carry-
taken/

If it was m4/3rds, it could have been carry-on.

If it had been m4/3rds, then the gear would not have delivered files
with the expected quality.

What level of "quality" do people really need? How many people are producing huge prints any more?
That excuse really died five years ago.

People "need" what they want to think they need. As I posted earlier, I
will frequently take a major crop and blow it up to 12 x 18, or 16 x 20.
The small format would not make me happy. If I was physically capable, I
would probably use MF, but I am not, so I go as large as I can handle.
There will come a time when I can only handle smaller sensor cameras,
but that time has not yet arrived. Since you are happy with a small
sensor, great. But please don't try to impose your standards on me.

--
PeterN