Old December 8th 17, 04:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default ot. iPhone updates

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Prior to getting my new iPhone I would be notified that there is an
update
available. I have had issues with my plus that have been solved by
updating
the iOS system. Both times I had not received a notice that an update was
available that would fix the bug. Has anybody else had that issue, or is
there a setting that I have missed. If it is a setting, which one?

updates can take a few days to appear for everyone, or you can request
it at any time.

The iPhone is a tool.

so are you.

I don1t want to have to check for updates every
minute.

nobody said you did.

Then when i have a semi=functional paper weight, how long should I wait
between checking for updates?
an hour?
a day?
wait a few days for an Apple store appointment?

your original query was about why you didn't get an update
notification, which i explained multiple times.

if you're having a specific issue, that's different.

Get real. I'm not in the mood for your crap.

i'm not in the mood for *yours*.

you wanted to know why updates don't magically appear for all users the
moment an updates is released and i told you. updates are staggered,
something any major company does, for reasons that should be obvious.

once again, if you want an update and it hasn't pushed to you yet, you
can request it. very simple.

A lot of users don't use
Siri. Are you suggesting I go find a Bluetooth device so I can make a
call.

nobody suggested anything remotely close to that. more of your made up
idiocy

This is not one of the debates that you like to get involved in.
It is a serious issue.

i never said it wasn't serious. more of your made up idiocy.

As for Apple policy, I am making my own queries,
and when I have an authoritative answer i will let the good people here
know.

i told you what their policies are with regards to updates.