Old June 10th 13, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
PhotoPhartz

Default SI Furniture -The Duck comments

Savageduck wrote in

SI Furnitu http://www.pbase.com/shootin/furniture
‘Duck comments:

PhotoPhartz:
Furniture-01:
Shelving is furniture. An interesting combination, Zappa albums,
violin (I guess Zappa did some work with Jean Luc Ponty), and Swift.
Nice work. Furniture-02:

Yep, I think JL Ponty did do a stint in Zappa's band. Thanks.

Well you don’t see too many console radios around these days. I’d
have guessed that this was an archive shot which solidly dates you.
However, I see it was shot with your SX500 in May. That raises the
question; who has this living room museum piece to photograph?

I'm a long time tenant in a very old friend's house and this relic is right
downstairs in the family room. It's been here longer than I have but I
expect it was deposited by my housemate's father who's been quite a
scavenger/collector during his advancing years.

Furniture-03:
I love your workstation! It is wonderfully cluttered, and most
importantly, I see you favor the thumb controlled trackball. That is
my preferred input device, currently the defunct MS Trackball Optical
+ a spare.

Hehe, thanks. Just this week the ol' Logitech trackman was retired. It
was old enough (at least 10~12 years?)to still be plugged in to a PS2 port
but its scroll wheel was losing it. Replaced by a Kensington Expert
trackball that is really the stuff. Great big, heavy, smooth ball. Easy
to use scroll ring around the ball. Four programmable buttons giving you
six different commands under the finger tips. Lusted after one for years
but the Marble just kept working.

--

Pat

email: phartzATcoxDOTnet