Old June 29th 09, 06:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Default How To Detect Snapshooters from Photographers

Ron Hunter wrote:

ASAAR wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:26:10 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

It's easy to see how much a poster values their communications --
it's indicated by the care they take to make them clear and
comprehensible. There's no point in reading posts which the author
himself clearly thinks are worthless.

I am not able to judge, and wouldn't try, the value of my posts, if any,
for any single individual. For some, they may be useful, for others a
crashing waste of time. In any case, I have no interest in spending
several hours a day on newsgroups so that I can edit every post I make
in order to squeeze every non-essential byte from the post.

heavily edited for brevity

I'll close with this. Hours? At your advanced age, time should
seem to be advancing much more rapidly, not more slowly!

And you assume this is the only newsgroup to which I post?
It is one of those I post LEAST to.

Hello, Ron:

According to Google Groups,, you're the all-time top poster, here
in news:rec.photo.digital. It's also the group, in which you've
contributed your most articles:

rec.photo.digital - 15,000+ (starting in January, 2002)

All newsgroups - 35,500+ (starting in December, 2001)

You've certainly been pretty damned prolific, Ron! g

Cordially,
John Turco