Old October 25th 05, 04:48 AM
Brian Baird

Default Canon camera and service.

In article ,
says...

Another thing that concerned me was the statement made by the customer
service agent about being considered acceptable to have a certain number of
dead pixels on the sensor. I asked him what would be the best way for me to
verify if there were any dead pixels so I could exchange the camera for
another one if any were present. His claim was that Canon considers it to be
within the range of acceptability (meaning the camera will pass its quality
control inspection and reach the customer) if up to approximately 11 pixels
on the sensor are dead. This is not what I would like to hear from the
manufacturer after purchasing a camera as expensive as this one.

Dude, the 1Ds Mark II sensor has a total of 17.2 million pixels on it.
11 "stuck" pixels is a ridiculously low portion of the total sensor:
0.0000639% If Canon is considering that to be the minimum number
required to send it back, their quality control and standards are FAR
higher than I would expect.

So, in short, get ****ing real dude!
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird