Old December 23rd 04, 09:07 AM
Ron Hunter

Brian wrote:
What is the best compression (1 - 100%) to use when saving a scanned
colour photo in jpeg?
I was to be able to display the photo on the computer screen and also
be able to print the saved photo on a inkjet printer.

If I have very little compression then the saved photo file size is
too big in size. Is there a general rule I can use to decide the best
compression to use?

Regards Brian

Use the minimum compression that will give you the file size you need
for your purpose. The more you compress, the more data you lose.
Always save the original. Remember, HD space is something like $.50US a
gigabyte these days, so adding HD space is a pretty cheap alternative.

--
Ron Hunter