Old October 22nd 04, 01:02 PM
Jer

Richard Tomkins wrote:

I found that shooting RAW on my 5700 took an appreciative longer time to
write the image to the compact flash card when I had turned on Noise
Reduction.

Well, of course. My point is comparisons of this stripe aren't really
meaningful unless one also considers the firmware, because virtually
everything about any digital camera is controlled by it's embedded
firmware. Two identical cameras, except for their firmware, can easily
perform differently in a variety of respects. This is why review site
ratings are largely meaningless unless the reviewer informs readers what
firmware release was used in the demo unit.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'