Old November 29th 08, 08:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
TrollAmplfier

Default CHDK RAW file-saving time boosted + DNG option

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 00:23:59 -0800, Paul Furman wrote:

Pente-Champ wrote:

Cool, the latest builds of CHDK have speeded up RAW+JPG file saving time now of
1.080 to 1.100 seconds on my camera.

OK I know you are joking now.

Right?

I can set my D700 on 6.75MP basic jpeg & it does about 4fps without
filling the buffer till the card is full or I can shoot 40 full size
fine jpegs (or 22 raw) at 5fps in less than 2 seconds. I almost never
use that but I don't feel limited :-) I doubt I would actually hold the
shutter down for 40 frames at one time anyways g.

Look at that, someone is conveniently leaving off that horrendous delay after
removing their finger from the shutter button before they can take another
picture. I bet you never noticed it because it gave you time to change your lens
to the one you needed next, and then to go have a smoke.

Tsk tsk tsk ... someone, who prides dslr's RAW file saving speed

Man, you got some weird math to make that look like a disadvantage. Even
at 640x480 the S3 only does 2fps.

What have you been smoking?

It does 640x480 at 30fps. Change the JPEG compression to level 99 or 3x and
there's also no compression artifacts in any frames.