Old November 29th 08, 08:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Default CHDK RAW file-saving time boosted + DNG option

Pente-Champ wrote:

Cool, the latest builds of CHDK have speeded up RAW+JPG file saving time now of
1.080 to 1.100 seconds on my camera.

OK I know you are joking now.

Right?

I can set my D700 on 6.75MP basic jpeg & it does about 4fps without
filling the buffer till the card is full or I can shoot 40 full size
fine jpegs (or 22 raw) at 5fps in less than 2 seconds. I almost never
use that but I don't feel limited :-) I doubt I would actually hold the
shutter down for 40 frames at one time anyways g.

Tsk tsk tsk ... someone, who prides dslr's RAW file saving speed

Man, you got some weird math to make that look like a disadvantage. Even
at 640x480 the S3 only does 2fps.