Old December 30th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

Default How does it work ?

Dave Martindale wrote:
Robert Charles Young writes:
I do not own a digicam, but am looking - so I do not know the answer to
the question that I want to ask: If a digicam had the option of viewing
by via 'rangefinder', or LED screen, if you turned off the LCD screen,
could you avoid the sensor/screen flushing delay?

I think what you're asking is this: If a digicam has an optical viewfinder
(not a rangefinder, because it doesn't measure distance) and you use
that for aiming, and you turn off the LCD (not LED) live image display,
does the camera shoot faster?

On some Canons, at least, that does indeed seem to be true, particularly
if you're also in manual focus mode.

On the other hand, my first digital was (is) a Minolta Z3. This has a
mode in which it shoots 10 shots per second (and it really does, I
tested it). Of course, in a low resolution (presumably bandwidth
limits).