Old October 17th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Alec Jones

Default Time scale

"Shiva Das" wrote in message
The only followup I would add is if the film is frozen (like my
20-year-old Plus-X sheet film) more damage can be done from condensation
due to improper thawing than from age. (Yes, my bad on 25-year-old
Verichrome Pan 2-1/4 to my great regret.)

I've been advised not to freeze B/W film if a stable
temperature/humidity condition can be maintained, but YMMV.

--
om shanti shanti shanti

I'd like to know what you mean by "improper thawing". I've got lots of
frozen film. What did you do wrong - open it before it was fully thawed?

alecj