Old December 16th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Michael[_6_]

Default Nikon Coolpix L14: setting ISO

On 2007-12-15 13:28:43 -0500, "Neil Harrington" said:

"Michael" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to set (or even read what the camera sets) the ISO on
the Nikon Coolpix L14? The instruction manual is mute on this issue.

I don't have that particular Coolpix, but on one of my older models that
happens to be right at hand: you have to go into the menu system, scroll
down to the "Sensitivity" item, move over to the right and select the ISO
you want from the available choices. I presume your L14 has some similar
arrangement.

If the camera's on Auto ISO (the default) it doesn't tell what ISO it's
setting. You have to get that information later by software from the Exif
data. The only way to know what it's using when you're shooting is to set it
yourself -- except when you're using flash; then most small Coolpixes in my
experience set the ISO at 200.

Neil

There is no sensitivity item on any of the menus. The letters ISO
appear on the screen when it turns on but there is no way to find out
what it is set at or to set it. And the manual lists ISO in the index
but there is nothing on that page about it when you read it.
--
Michael