Old October 12th 04, 12:20 PM
Michael A. Covington

"jjs" wrote in message
wrote in message

My $.02 worth are just that...my opinion. But lets look at the full
definition of photography:
[...]

Let's not. The dictionary is the last resort of the short-sighted. Think
for yourself and very deep and you will understand.

Elaborating on that a little... Dictionaries follow; good dictionaries do
not try to lead, nor solve philosophical problems. They just report the
ways words are already being used.

HOWEVER, why are we having this argument? When the word "photography" was
coined, nothing like digital imaging had been thought of. People are free
to apply that word to it, or not, and they will eventually establish a
widespread consensus as to whether to do so. That does not tell us
*anything* about photography, only something about words.