Old September 8th 04, 05:16 AM
Ken Weitzel

Fred wrote:

I would sure appreciate hearing from someone who had this problem and FIXED
it.

I have a C-700 which is about 18 months old. My problem isn't
ordinary battery drain, rather what I suspect to be some kind of short
circuit. Newly inserted batteries, alkaline or (brand new, fully
charged NiMH) re-chargeables only work for a picture or two. I can
open the compartment door, rub the contacts a bit, and get maybe one
more picture, maybe not.

I posted this query about a month ago, and got a suggestion clean the
contacts, check the springs, etc. I have done this and the contact points
are all good & clean. No change in performance.

Already checked the obvious -- tried several new batteries and all act the
same, batteries are not in backwards, etc. The problem is with the camera,
I know that for sure.

Thanks in advance!

Fred

Hi again, Fred...

Now that you've tried NiMh's you've kinda narrowed it
down a bit... don't know how much it helps, but perhaps
worth knowing anyway.

If you can deplete charged NiMh's in only one picture,
then when you removed the batteries they'd be blistering
hot. You'd probably also hear them sizzling.

If they aren't too hot to even think of touching, then
you've narrowed it down to the camera merely reporting
them useless prematurely.

It's a start?

Ken