Old January 24th 04, 10:02 PM
Nick Zentena

Default Road ruts with Jobo

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

The difference between the 2800 print drums and the 2500 film drums
is the lid and centre column.

What reels do you use in the 2800 print drums? Or if you are not the
original poster, what reels do you suppose they use in their print drums?

I'm not the OP. The only 2800 tank I have is the largest one. I picked it
up cheap on a lark. It's big enough to make 16x20s and I can put the lid on
my smaller tanks. Anything that fits the 2500 tanks will fit the 2800s.
Going the other way I'm using 1500 film tanks to process 8x10 colour prints.
The one 1500 print lid I have lets me use the 1500 film tanks for prints.
I've seen some older looking tanks being sold on Ebay lately with 4x5 reels.
The tanks looked vintage. I didn't pay much attention but a number in the
4xxx range sort of sticks in my mind. With Ebay a lot of people jump to
conclusions. So it wouldn't suprise me if some buyers are thinking they are
getting the 2509N reels and the current tanks when in reality they're
getting something much older.

I think you mentioned using more then the min amount of chemicals.
I'm using a fair bit more. I don't know if that's enough to make a
difference but it might be.

Nick