Old May 13th 14, 12:21 AM posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
John McGaw

Default HDR mode is nice but Camera won't STAY in HDR mode (Android 4.3,T-Mobile, SIII)

On 5/7/2014 1:05 PM, Liam O'Connor wrote:
I have the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3
and all I want is to set the camera to *stay* in HDR mode.

I can easily set it to go into HDR mode each time:
1. Open the default "Camera" app,
2. Press "Settings-Shooting Mode-HDR".

But, when I close the Camera app and open it again,
the app defaults to "Shooting Mode = Single Shot".

How do I set the default Android 4.3 Camera app to
simply *stay* in HDR shooting mode?

Is there any chance that you can get the new version of the 'native' camera
app? On my Nexus 5 the camera app from Google remembers the HDR state.