Old March 2nd 14, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Martin Riddle

Default Minolta Dual Scan II, Firewire

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 10:54:11 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 2014.03.01, 23:30 , Martin Riddle wrote:
Hey guys,

Anyone still scanning film? I have a Dual scan that causes a blue
screen under win7 64bit using the firewire connection. It works fine
with USB.

Any solutions?

Run Win in 32 bit mode if you can.

Also, echoing Fred I'd try Vuescan - unless the issue is specifically
Firewire/Dual Scan/Win 7-64b, that might get you out of it.

(Specifically - I seem to recall that the Minolta s/w will not run under
64b on Win).

At least you have USB as a backup. I have to use an adaptor from
Thunderbolt to FW (which I need for another device anyway, so no biggie).

I used to have the Dual Scan and the 5400 (1st gen) - nice scanners.

(And yes, I still scan film, albeit not nearly as much as I used to).

Hi Alan,

I had fornd a minolta.inf that someone kindly made public. It has the
vendor Id's and periphial Id's to setup the scanner. THe original
Dualscan software works fine on WIN7 64bit.

Apparently WIN7's 1394 drivers were changed, but even the
recomendations of selecting the Legacy 1394 driver did not work for
me. Maybe I'll try a firwire adaptor, I think I have one floating
around somewhere.

Comparing it with my Epson V330, it does a better job.

Cheers