Old March 2nd 14, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Fred McKenzie

Default Minolta Dual Scan II, Firewire

In article ,
Martin Riddle wrote:

Hey guys,

Anyone still scanning film? I have a Dual scan that causes a blue
screen under win7 64bit using the firewire connection. It works fine
with USB.

Any solutions?

Martin-

I can't answer your question, but my experience may be relevant.

I have the older Minolta Dimage Scan Dual with SCSI ports. Using a
Microtech SCSI to FireWire adapter with the VueScan program, I have been
successful scanning slides and negatives.

Minolta's drivers stopped being updated years ago. The VueScan program
has no difficulty working with the Minolta film scanner, as well as an
old Acer flatbed USB scanner and a relatively new Canon USB flatbed
scanner.

I suggest you download the trial version of VueScan to see if it will
solve your problem.

Fred