Old June 20th 13, 04:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
peternew[_2_]

Default Cleaning a sony digital Lens

On 2013-06-19 14:15:12 -0700, peternew said:

On 6/19/2013 3:49 PM, wrote:
thanks all,

I was able to clean the front lens, to where
it looks much cleaner...BUT....

look at these 2 new test photos, after cleaning

http://imgur.com/jVLZGun

http://imgur.com/qqvUfCG

something else is wrong with the lens;
see the dark grey small cloud like spot?

I think I'm returning the camera

that could be a dust spot on the sensor, which is esily cleaned.

Not on the sensor of a compact such as that owned by the OP, it isn't.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony...shot-dsc-HX20v

http://www.bythom.com/cleaning.htm
just Google sensor dust You will find lots of answers. If you are
uncomfortable cleaning it yourself, most local places will do it. the
going price in the US is anywhere from no charge, to $35.

After living with my dust magnet D70 I became very proficient at DSLR
sensor cleaning and familiar with various methods.
Two sites I recommend the DSLR owner to visit are the following:
http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/methods.html

http://www.micro-tools.com/store/~/C...-Supplies.aspx

...but that still doesn't solve the OP's problem.

OK I sit corrected.

--
PeterN