Old June 19th 13, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fred McKenzie

Default Cleaning a sony digital Lens

thanks all,

I was able to clean the front lens, to where
it looks much cleaner...BUT....

look at these 2 new test photos, after cleaning

http://imgur.com/jVLZGun

http://imgur.com/qqvUfCG

something else is wrong with the lens;
see the dark grey small cloud like spot?

I think I'm returning the camera

Marc-

That spot reminds me of "burn in", where a bright image would burn
itself into the phosphors of an old CRT computer screen.

Suppose the camera had sat on the dealer's shelf for several months,
pointing at a bright light or perhaps the store's front door. I think
the grey cloud may be in the sensor, and cleaning will not fix it.

Fred