Old May 16th 13, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Ciszek

Default Stupidest, most overpriced, most poorly executed camera in thelast two years

In article ,
RichA wrote:

Whatever anyone says, an LCD in anything brighter than cloudy
conditions is just plain HORRIBLE to use. And since LCD's can't be
diopter corrected like EVF's and DSLR optical viewfinders, 50% of the
population have to wear glasses if they intend to do any manual
focusing.

An LCD viewfinder, like the one that comes standard with the Olympus OM-D
and can be bought as an accessory for other Olympus u4/3 cameras, has an
eyecup you can mash against your face to solve this problem, just like a
DSLR. There is also has a little knurled wheel for diopter correction.
I'll conceed the manual focusing woes, but there are workarounds, such
as magnifying a portion of the image while focusing.

I wonder why, though, since the image is provided via wire rather than
optical path, they don't make the detatchable viewfinder a separate thing
like a jeweler's loupe so you don't need to mash the body of the camera
against your face.