Old May 16th 13, 10:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

Default Stupidest, most overpriced, most poorly executed camera in thelast two years

On Thu, 16 May 2013 21:08:33 +1200, Eric Stevens wrote:

On

Whatever anyone says, an LCD in anything brighter than cloudy conditions
is just plain HORRIBLE to use. And since LCD's can't be diopter
corrected like EVF's and DSLR optical viewfinders, 50% of the population
have to wear glasses if they intend to do any manual focusing.

And no LCD lets you focus with the accuracy of the old ground-glass view
finders in the SLR of 15 or more years ago. Neither can a DSLR offer the
same certainty.

I took the plunge about 2 months ago and bought An EOS 60d (my 350d is
rather old and the batteries are on the blink.

Because the 60d has interchangeable focusing screen I also invested in a
Katzeye rangefinder screen. Even at my age (80) it was easy to change and
went in centrally first time.

I have an old 500mm mirror lens and could even focus that using the main
body of the focusing screen.

--
Neil
Reverse ‘a’ and ‘r’