Old February 10th 13, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Turco

Default Pentax question

On 2/7/2013 8:22 PM, RichA wrote:
On Feb 6, 2:46 pm, Lyndon wrote:
I have been using Pentax film cameras for all of my photography life
(from the H-1a screw mounts). I currently have the MX camera with many
Kmount lenses. I have noticed the K30 pentax camera and am wondering if
it will take the K mount lenses and get approx the same results with
them. For instance, I have a 24mm lens which is a very wide angle
lens. I have been told that earlier dslr cameras could be modified to
take such a lens, but it would no longer give 24mm film comparable
pictures. Hope this isn't too confusing. But I would like to keep using
all my older K mount lens if possible with similar digital result.

Lyndon

I'm frankly amazed Pentax is still in business. They have a market
share that makes Olympus's look big. I can only surmise they have
reasonable margins on what they sell.

Pentax bodies boast much better build quality, than either Canon or
Nikon equipment. Even its entry-level DSLR cameras blow away the
competition, in this particular respect.

(I own a Pentax "K100D" and have always been impressed with its fine
feel and sturdiness.)

John