Old February 6th 13, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Pentax question

On 2/6/2013 2:46 PM, Lyndon wrote:
I have been using Pentax film cameras for all of my photography life
(from the H-1a screw mounts). I currently have the MX camera with many
Kmount lenses. I have noticed the K30 pentax camera and am wondering if
it will take the K mount lenses and get approx the same results with
them. For instance, I have a 24mm lens which is a very wide angle
lens. I have been told that earlier dslr cameras could be modified to
take such a lens, but it would no longer give 24mm film comparable
pictures. Hope this isn't too confusing. But I would like to keep using
all my older K mount lens if possible with similar digital result.

Lyndon

nospam gave you a reasonably accurate answer. However, the digital world
is slightly different from film. Old lenses that were optimized for film
may or may not be OK for digital. Just because the lens mount fits,
doesn't mean the lens will function as with your old camera. You may
want to check for compatibility of features, if they are imp9ortant to
you, such as autofocus & autoexposure. When I switched to digital I
verified the functionality of the lenses I cared about and brought them
to the store so I could check for myself and see how comfortable i was.

HTH

--
PeterN