Old January 27th 13, 11:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

Default Choosing a system, the practical and the philosophical

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 08:12:13 +0000, David Taylor

At the point where I was ready to buy a DSLR, I went into the camera
store (the now-defunct Jessops, Edinburgh) and held both the Canon and
Nikon equivalent cameras to see which I preferred. The Nikon won, so
I've been Nikon ever since. I had no legacy lenses having sold off my
film SLR stuff while I could still get some money for it. I have not
been disappointed, and agree with some of the comments about Canon vs.
Nikon in this thread. I think both companies are in it for the long
term, although both will face competition from the newer mirrorless
cameras.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above. I would just also explicitly
mention besides the look and feel of the outside camera controls, it
might behoove one to delve into the menu system as well and see if its
layout makes sense to you.