Old November 28th 12, 05:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default Is there software that will automatically pad JPGs of odd dimensions so I can print to 4x6 format without losing image area?

| Neat. Sounds exactly like what I need.
|
| Are you the author?

Yes. I've been writing shareware for years but
this one was mainly designed for my photographer
lady friend. She was going on trips and then
spending weeks trying to crop hundreds of photos
by hand in PSP. So the program was designed
to provide auto cropping and resizing. Operations
can be done on a folder or file. With a single file
the cropping rectangle can be dragged to easily
get the best section of the image.

If you or anyone else decides to try the program
I'd be happy to hear criticisms, suggestions, or
requests. I occasionally update these things when
it seems worthwhile and would consider making any
changes that seem like they'd be of value to a
number of people. (I actually made a change not
long ago because someone was making a video
collage of photos and wanted to be able to crop to
a 16:9 ratio. Up to that point I had provided only
several typical ratios: 4x6, 5x8, etc. But I realized
it would be simple to also add a custom option to
set any ratio.)