Old November 24th 12, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pat McGroyn

Default Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

On 24-Nov-12 13:54, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Alan Browne
says...

The advert is pretty crass. Notice that all the "victims" of this jerk
are using Canon and Nikon cameras?

Of course. Would Sony make fun of its own customers?

snip

Maybe Sony _really_ want to get away from DSLRs.

Well, the future is mirrorless anyway, i.e. the swinging mirror is a
dying design. That's why Nikon and Canon have introduced their own
mirrorless line. My brother plans to sell his Nikon D90 and keep only
the Canon G1X mirrorless.

He should probably wait for the next version of the G1X. The current
one, while pretty good, was rush released. There is a lot of room for
improvement. When that happens I might buy it as well-even though the
Sony RX100 is pretty damn good.