Old November 13th 12, 10:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Rob

Default Cleaning the rubberised back of a camera

On 13/11/2012 7:38 PM, Polly the Parrott wrote:
Old analogue camera (Nikon D90x), but the rubberised back has become
sticky.

Nikon Australia claim caused by sweat etc and use over the years;
wouldn't or couldn't recommend a way to get rid of the sticky feeling.

"no idea" the service drone told me.

Any ideas, without ruining the camera?

As usual, T.I.A!

BTW you may have a F90x

I have here a F80 which I know the history and it has done very little
work always stored in a hard snoot case not used for at least 12 years.

Its was as sticky as buggery I have tried several things, its the
plastic that is reverting back to petroleum. I don't think its sweat
that has caused the problem.

I finally used some Wurth brake cleaner (on a rag) to remove the sticky
surface then silicon Mr Sheen. Seems to have stopped the sticky feel.