Old June 16th 09, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke

Default Olympus launches micro 4/3 camera - Web site warning

Bob Williams wrote:
Pete D wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote
in message om...
David J Taylor wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote:
http://www.olympus-europa.com/consum...p=912222#intro
Warning - this Web site has "music" on many pages!

David
.. meaning that I, for one, will simply switch away from that site.

David

Quite seriously WTF were they thinking?

Beats the hell out of me! Have they never heard of a "Focus Group"?
A single focal length lens? Where's the need?

Looks like it's made to compete with the Sigma DP-1 and/or DP-2,
neither of which seemed to fill a niche that was crying out to be
filled.

It seems to have escaped you that the Olympus PEN is an interchangeable-lens
camera based on the Micro 4/3 system, which means that it can use any 4/3
system lens, any lens that is adaptable to the 4/3 system (which among
others includes just about the whole Nikon range), and in addition can use
lenses such as those for the Leica M system that require a flange distance
too short for any SLR.