Old April 3rd 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Carl Zeiss on the Future of Film

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Gordon Moat" wrote in message

One of the interesting markets for the new lenses is in machine vision
cameras.

Nikon is the standard mount for machine vision cameras.

One intersting machine vision lens is the 'telecentric'

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/3d/telecent.htm

Make an interesting Macro lens, n'est ce pas?

Strange item. I notice that quite often many machine vision lenses are
only sold in lots, or with the camera. Last year I got to do a project
where one of the test machines sent to us was a machine vision camera
with three 24 mm by 36 mm chips and a light splitter prism. Interesting
stuff, though the insurance value on that one body was quite high. We
were very careful with everything.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio