Old March 18th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Erwin Puts On The Fundamental Differences Between Film and Digital Imaging

Alan Browne wrote:
Scott W wrote:

He has some interesting ideas but I think missed perhaps the fact that
for most people who are still using film the image is still going
through a digital image phase before being printed. From this
standpoint then the film image can and is manipulated as much as the
digital image.

Shoot slide film. WYDIWYG

I find this an interesting area, it seems like side film makes more
sense not that we have fairly good cheap scanners and yet I believe the
fall of slide film has been faster then print. A good many of my
photos are in fact slide and for the most part this is where I get the
better scans. This is more luck then anything else, when I was young I
did not want to pay for enlargements but wanted to see my photos larger
then snap shot size, a slide projector was the answer at the time.

But I tend to like the colors that I can get from print film better
then slide, which often look a bit over saturated and high contrast to
me. But print film is not easy to scan and I have never gotten as good
detail with it as with slide film so it is a trade off either way.

Scott