Old March 18th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Erwin Puts On The Fundamental Differences Between Film and Digital Imaging

Jeremy wrote:
It would appear that virtually everyone that takes digital imaging

seriously
makes routine use of PS, PSP or other editing software. As one's skill set
improves, there is a tendency to try more types of image manipulation from
the editing software's tool kit. Back in the film days, before scanners,
the emphasis was to create the image at the time the camera took the shot.
The photographer had an entirely different orientation. Now, taking the
shot is the first step, not the last step.

Wouldn't you say that virtually everyone that takes photography
seriously makes uses of programs like Photoshop? The people I know who
are really getting all out of film that they can are all scanning and
adjusting to some degree their photographs. People like Gordon Moat
are quick to tell me that the old limits of 35mm photograph have been
expanded with the use of such things as noise reducing programs.

Scott