Old March 18th 06, 02:41 PM
sobolik sobolik is offline
Junior Member

"This is again proof of the classical adage that a new medium does not kill the previous one, just joins it."

I like reading rational approaches to the subject compared to emotional ones.
Photograph is like any other thing as long as there is a market there will be supplies. There is a huge market restructuring under way right now. That restructuring is not really reflective of rabid photographers needs and wants, just the masses. The muscle car era can be said to be done and dead by looking at the present market for the masses. The rabid Muscle car enthusiast has no trouble however.
I do not care if the masses embrace the digital such and such. I will still be able to pursue what ever I want including the Super 8 that is mentioned. I will still be able to take a 35mm photo of the guy as he takes fashion photos with his cell phone.

"This is again proof of the classical adage that a new medium does not kill the previous one, just joins it."