Old December 16th 18, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Olympus sticking with m4/3rds?

On Dec 15, 2018, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In articlea085dc14-55fb-4698-9f34-738773ae9904
@googlegroups.com, says...

I'm glad, there is no reason to split the effort (and money) and produce a
FF camera yet. Olympus has done a fairly good job with m4/3rds, I'm waiting
for a E-M5III and I think the a smaller system (unless they go more into
hulking bodies, like Panasonic has) still has a niche worth preserving.

Could be a good idea to stick to something smaller than FF, now
that most manufacturers are refocusing on FF and abandoning
their smaller formats (for instance APS-C).

Not exactly.
Nikon still sells more APS-C DSLRs than FF even with their odd entry into the
mirrorless world. Personally, I am quite happy with my APS-C Fujifilm kit,
including lenses of a quality I could not afford if they were labelled
Nikkor, especially FF Nikkor glass. Though I have to admit some of the latest
top end Fuji glass is not exactly inexpensive.

Savageduck