Old February 23rd 18, 03:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fred McKenzie

Default Toner Vs Ink?

In article ,
Peter Jason wrote:

I usually have my photos printed at a kiosk, but for the A4 larger
ones I use the office Fuji-Xerox laser color printer.

Is laser-toner photos longer lasting than the Kiosk-printed variety?

Peter-

Maybe.

I assume your Kiosk print is inkjet. Some companies claim their inkjet
prints will last 100 years, but I have had some others fade in a few
months time.

If you are satisfied with the appearance of your laser prints, you still
have to worry about them sticking to anything they touch. Mounting in a
frame, you need to use a separator to keep them from sticking to the
glass. They may fade over time, but I do not know how fast.

In either case, the different primary colors may fade at different
rates, resulting in color shift over time.

You can only find out by waiting. Do not erase your computer image!

Fred