Old August 14th 16, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default Aperture's Future

On 14/08/2016 18:08, Savageduck wrote:
[]
I was very happy with an even earlier version of OSX, OS X 10.6, which
might have been considered as Apple's XP, and like XP it had reached its
end of life and was no longer supported. So when updates to software
such as PS and Lightroom were no longer developed for the defunct OS's
updating OS and software was a no-brainer for me. Now my 2010 iMac is
running quite happily on OS X 10.11.6, "El Capitan", and will be able to
run macOS 10.12 "Sierra".

[]

Whilst your 2010 Apple will run the next OSX, a 2011 iPad will not the
next iOS. Quite an early obsolescence for an expensive device. My 2009
and 2011 portables are both quite happily running Windows-10 latest release.

I might actually have bought a newer iPad last year, but the increase in
cost wasn't justified by the increase in function. I had hoped for a
better camera, but that was only on the top of the range iPhone. Since
then, the camera on the Moto G3 phone has proved to be very capable, and
actually better in quality than my iPad camera, and a lot more
convenient to use. So there will have to be a reason other than a
better camera to upgrade.

I'm finding less and less reason to take the iPad on a day trip, as I
can do almost everything - perhaps even everything - on the Moto G3
phone (including some programs which aren't available for the iPad).

Thanks for your other comments.

--
Cheers,
David