Old May 23rd 16, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

Default Canon S-120 versus Canon G7X

On 23/05/2016 09:06, newshound wrote:

But of course it is really the photographer who takes the picture, not
the camera. It's easy to get too obsessed with the "tech".

While I generally agree with that, and it's often quoted as if it was a
law or absolute, it also irks me somewhat with regard to what I actually
see:
What I see now is photos in magazines (not photographic magazines - I
don't read them much), some of which are marvelous not just in context
of composition etc, but they would not have been technically possible to
achieve until recently, low/natural light, high-speed etc.