Old October 8th 12, 04:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Default What if Nikon releases a DX D400 with a body like the D300?

Savageduck wrote in

On 2012-10-07 06:00:14 -0700, Robert Coe said:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 08:27:39 +0100, Bruce
wrote:
: Rich wrote:
: Savageduck wrote in
: news:2012100523224423810-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom:
:
: On 2012-10-05 22:48:31 -0700, RichA said:
:
: How will they justify a DX with that build quality while the
: D600 FX body is...less?
:
: Why think in terms of justify?
: Build it and they will come.
:
:
:
: I think it violates some kind of...law of camera hierarchy.
:
:
: From now on, let's call it "Rich's Law". :-)

I guess I'm OK with that, but it's far from clear to me what the law
actually says. As a Canon user, I'm not familiar enough with the
subtle differences among those various Nikon bodies to relate to the
law very well. Does it apply only in Nikonia, or are there
corollaries for other manufacturers' products? A clear statement now
may forestall all sorts of bickering in the future. (I realize that
bickering is one of the respected activities of the newsgroup, but
there are, after all, only 24 hours in the day.)

Bob

It has little to do with Nikon, but more to do with Rich. To put it in
a word let me just say, "plastics".

No, the D7000 is a second-tier body compared to the D300, metal or no
metal. Just one small point, the grip is lousy, compared to the far more
ergonomic D300 grip.
But the half plastic part certainly doesn't help.