Old October 19th 05, 03:33 AM
gtavant

Default Bronica ETRS prism removal and metering

Loren Sauer wrote:
I received a Bronica ETRS, and the lens, shutter speed, aperture, mirror
release seem okay. I discovered after I bought it that the only thing
electronic is the leaf shutter stopping down. The attached prism has no
electronics. I think it is called the Prism E. (Foolish me; I thought E was
for electronic.) And there is no setting for film speed and no metering.

I am strictly limited to manual exposure photography, correct?

And I found that I could not remove the prism. The little release button on
the side depresses somewhat, but the prism will absolutely refuse to slide.
Any tips on that?

Loren

The prisms that have the meters in them are the AEII prism and the AEIII
prism. Without either of these prisms you have to use a hand held
meter or meter with another camera. ie 35mm camera.

I believe the button to remove the prism is on top, you hold the button
down and slide the prism to the rear of the camera. I tried to see if
tamron had a manual on their site but could not find it. You might want
to call or email Tamron or check Ebay for a manual on that camera.

I used to own an ETRS and an ETRSi both of them are great cameras