Old March 25th 12, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default New mandate needed

On 2012-03-25 17:21 , Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 11:19:19 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2012-03-24 16:27 , Eric Stevens wrote:

That the effect of which I complaining is real is shown by SavageDucks
two versions of the half-dome.

Not really. The options include reducing the size of the image you
submit (where needed to overcome re-sizing limits).

That has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make: that the
perceptual quality of the image suffers if you reduce the amount of
visual information either by reducing the size (in pixels) or by
increasing the JPEG compression.

No. See http://gallery.photo.net/photo/15416772-lg.jpg

500 x 750
152 kB.
Nice, complex, layered, detailed image.

I snipped away the rest of your post as:

1. It seems a hunt for justification for an untenable position. (Yes I
read that other stuff. Doesn't change my opinion on posting).

2. I just spent 2.5 hours in the woods and my back is sore, my left
ankle burning and I'm in a miserable mood. Phots to follow. Maybe.

3. The SO wants me in the kitchen to work on dinner.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.